How to Order Repeat Prescriptions - note that we require AT LEAST 24 working hours to process these requests. We DO NOT take prescription requests over the phone.
All repeat prescriptions must be ordered, either by you or by your pharmacy. No prescriptions are done automatically.
Attached to your prescription you will find a list of your repeat medication. Please tick the boxes required and return to the surgery by either:
- Posting it in the prescription request box in the waiting room.
- Send it in by post at least 7 days in advance.
- Fax your request making sure the items you require are clearly written to 0161 626 2499.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order Online via the link at the top of the page.
- Order online with Patient Access via the link at the top of this page. (If you are interested in registering for Patient Access please contact reception and you will be given instructions how to register. Read more HERE)
Prescriptions can be collected after 2pm the day after we receive the request. Prescriptions ordered at weekends will be ready on the following Tuesday.
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your prescription posted to you.
If you have signed up with a chemist for electronic (EPS) prescriptions, your prescription should go directly to your nominated pharmacy.
If you wish to have your medications delivered then you need to make appropriate arrangements with your usual pharmacy.
It is important that patients on repeat medication are seen by a doctor or practice nurse at least once a year to review their medications. This is to review your health and to ensure that your medication is working correctly. You will usually be sent an invitation for your annual review - please ensure that you make the relevant appointment to ensure you avoid any unecessary delays to further prescriptions. If you do not attend for your medication review the doctors could withhold your medication until you are seen as it is unsafe for them to prescribe medication without review.